Sunday, January 31, 2010

Shark Attacks

So registration was kind of a nightmare. I had to get one more class approved, so I literally sat in a hallway for two hours waiting for someone to come sign my little paper, someone who never came back. So then I got someone else to do it, but he grumbled the entire time about how he shouldnt be signing my paper blah blah blah.

After that, I had to trek to Jameson hall to actually register. Which was another 2 hour wait...but it ended up that I am actually a commerce student, not humanities like everyone else and it took me about 5 minutes to register, so that turned out to be lovely. Then I was about to head back home alone, when I was intercepted by like 3 roommates, so that is another perk of living with 17 people, they are always showing up :)

So three roommates and I got sushi at this little place in Obs called 1890, which was super delish, recommended by our crazy awesome landlord. When we got home we all took like 3 hour naps, which was so necessary after so many nights of going out. After we napped we then relaxed because we were preparing for a mardi gras party at this bar/restaurant called Roots, that is like 100 yards away from our house.

We had a couple people over before we went out, and then headed to Roots. I got in freeeeeeee, which was lovely, and this bar is kind of cool cuz there was sand there, and lots of people we knew, and it was a good time. Roots was so close to our house, my friend Christina and I came home to go to the bathroom, haha.

Another cool part about this whole experience is the kids who were the orientation leaders are actually hanging out with us. So after we came back from Roots, we went with two of the OL's to the bar that is even closer than roots, and got some samosas, and then headed home for the night. Awesome.

Yesterday, we went to the beach again, except that it was really windy and kind of cold. The most exciting part was the shark warning. Two of our roommates were surfing out in the water when an alarm that sounded like a police siren went off, and two guys holding white flags with a shark image on them went sprinting down the beach, then we all looked at each other and then started yelling and waving our roommates in, one didnt hear and we were all like jumping up and down trying to get his attention, haha. So that was the excitement for the day.

Today was a full day of shopping, at a mall that was so reminiscent of home it was crazy. Here are pics of recent adventures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment