Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Countdown Has Begun

So I officially begin my adventure on January the 19th, which is Tuesday. Just FIVE short days from now. It is absolutely wild, and I don't know really what I am getting myself into, though I am kind of thinking it is better to go in with no expectations than with any other kind of misconceptions. So I'm going. Going to be living in a (somewhat?) dangerous neighborhood called Observatory, in Cape Town, a 10 minute walk to a shuttle that will then take me to school. I am living in a house with 17 people....which will be an experience in itself, but what better way to get to know people than to live with a whole heap of them?

I am currently packing and my life has been reduced to one large suitcase for 5 months. Who know I could be a minimalist??

I keep googling pictures of my school, the University of Cape Town, and Cape Town itself, and I cannot wait until I can upload pictures of what it really looks like. Until then, here's a lil image of my gorgeous gorgeous campus and the amazing Table Mountain that is the backdrop to my education until June. Drink it in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment