Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dubai

Ok, so I've had so many adventures in the last 4 days that I've been here I have to do multiple posts. I'll start with Dubai. So our plane flight went from La -Dubai...which is a really really really long flight, like 16 hours. INTENSE. Haha, but I ended up going with a girl from my school, Christina, so I had someone to sit by and explore Dubai with!! So 16 hours later we landed in Dubai and we ended up getting a hotel paid for and 3 free meals, so we went there briefly, ate a meal, had some drinks at a bar called Biggles, and then went on a tour of the city from 1130pm-130am.

So Dubai really isnt that interesting. The city is filthy rich, and its super new, has no culture of its own, and all the points of interest are really really obscenely overdone hotels. So I guess thats why its called the playground of the middle east. Anyway, getting to explore it for 12 hours was nice, and then we headed back to the airport for another really long flight to our final destination of Cape Town!! I'll leave you with some pics :)

a ridiculous HUGE wall fountain

me leaving the airport after 16 hours on a plane

Dubai at night

No comments:

Post a Comment