Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Future

So the world cup is fast approaching. And I’m having lots of mixed feelings about it.


On the one hand, I am super excited, because I get to go to a game!! I had the good fortune to have luck in the lottery and my roommate Amanda and I will be sitting in the nosebleeds of the June 11 France v. Uruguay game :) June 11 is also the eve of my 21st birthday, and a TON of people that I know are going to that game, so we are just going to meet up in town after the game and celebrate my turning 21, so that is also exciting.

Amanda and I:


On the other hand…South Africa is changing. I feel like the last two weeks have been the most significant changes, and many more tourists have started to come here. A new girl moved into our house and our house is being super renovated for the world cup because a bunch of new people will be moving in at a premium just because the landlords can charge that.

I also thought I was not going to be affected over here in little obz. But as I walked home from the library last night, Observatory was HELLA crackin…so many new Americans, so many new tourists and unfortunately we get lumped into that category, which we have all worked 5 months to avoid. Oh well…its gonna be fun, that is for sure. I just need to get used to the new South Africa before I leave on June 19. Gonna enjoy every last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment