Monday, June 28, 2010

The Countdown Begins

After we got back from Durban I had 3 days to study for my last final on June 3, so I pretty much just lived at the library until I was FINALLY DONE with 3 weeks of hell finals. Whew. June 3 was also our roommate Shawn’s 20th birthday so we went out to dinner at a restaurant called Mama Africa on Long street, which was delicious and then we went out to Zula bar and just had fun celebrating one of the many birthdays.


The 4th was the day before our dear friend Callie was leaving…it seemed so inconceivable because it was so early, but it happened. So that day we helped her move out of her room and pack and then ended up going to town and doing a bit of shopping. We were also going to Namibia on the 5th so Jess S and I did some cooking and preparing for our trip. The morning of the 5th we just hung out with Callie, went to our favorite spot Hello Sailor for some delicious coffee and then had to pack up our car, and head on out to Namibia. That was the first goodbye, of course I cried because Callie is going back to Massachusetts and I am going to California, but I am confident we will meet again in the very near future :) Then onto many hours of driving to make it to Namibia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment