Sunday, April 25, 2010

What a weekend

So this weekend ended up being tons of fun! A ton of the roommates went to Africa Burn which is like the African version of California's Burning Man, so the big house was a big empty this weekend (which can be nice ).

Saturday we went to the Old Biscuit Mill, which really never gets old. We walked there, because even though it is fall, this weekend was hot and beautiful. We made a bee line for the food (of course) and I got the most delicious vegetarian wrap, that had too much stuff in it to mention...but the complex flavors were AMAZING. Though Stephen had a really really fresh and delish mozzarella, tomato, and pesto sammy on foccacia which also looked incredible. And I think the winner for the day was Amanda with the potato latka, poached egg with hollandaise sauce and lox. Now I don't even really like lox, and poached eggs have just recently started to grow on me, but it was INCREDIBLE, and that is what I will be eating next week for sure :) Enough foodie talk.

After the biscuit mill we went to see Stomp! I haven't seen stomp since about the 7th grade, so it was really fun to see it in Cape Town, afterwards we headed down to the waterfront for some excellent fish and chips and a glass of wine.

Today....whoa today. Today, I hiked table mountain. Yes...that big flat table top?



We hiked from the bottom to the top, and I can say first hand that it was one of the hardest hikes I've ever done. There's nothing like climbing a mountain to kick your ass into shape. It was literally rocky stairs...straight up....for about 2.5 hours, cardio much? Haha, it was HARD. Once we reached the top, we could not even do a victory dance because our legs were jello, but we managed to pretty much swallow whole a pb&j before taking in the view and then heading back down. We were hiking from about 10am-430pm, and it was intense...but an accomplishment! I think I might be paralyzed tomorrow tho...

Pics from the top!! And Erin, Jess and I at the top of the gorge. extreme, right?



public holiday on tuesday! No Class! This makes me extremely extremely happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment