Monday, September 6, 2010

Back on the blog!

So I had to get over my heartbreak of leaving the most beautiful city in the world...Cape Town...and come to terms with being in another incredible city...San Francisco...and now that I've settled here again, for my last year of school, I'm back on the blog!

Now that my incredible adventures are over, this blog will be more dedicated to food, fashion, travel, and my musings on such. Hopefully there will be more adventures, comparable to those in the last year.

Starting fresh...labor day weekend! I had a last minute (and I mean last minute - I'm not usually into such spontaneity) trip down south and home. We drove down friday night, spent some much needed time catching up on trashy tv shows, namely the real housewives of DC, the rachel zoe project, and entourage, spent time reading on the beach,

spent time eating delectable food, and just relaxing. This is how we do labor day in the Johnson household...crudite and sangria to start!


Today we headed back up to the bay, left super early so we made it here by noon (I slept the whole way, surprise surprise) and still had a gorgeous beyond gorgeous day in SF to do some fun stuff. So I called up my homie Lauren and we hopped on our bikes and road through Golden Gate park to the ocean, and it was an incredibly day to be out on a bike, and they close down the roads in the park for bikers, roller skaters/bladers, skateboarding you name it, and it was just wonderful to be outside enjoying it all. We saw waterfalls, and bison, and windmills? Who knew all of these things were in GG park?

I also experimented in some cooking today...a vegetarian ragou (sp?) that turned out great! See pic:


Anyways, it was a great weekend, and refreshed me enough to get back on that school grind. Hopefully this week is better than last!

No comments:

Post a Comment