Thursday, March 11, 2010

This Weather

This week has been HOT as in epic proportions HOT. Like you need to make sure you're wearing clothes that don't show sweat marks because that's just embarrassing. Sunday was so hot, I tried to go to Cocoa Cha Chi a coffee and interwebz place to do some homework and I sat there for a while stewing in my own sweat, and then finally realized that I couldn't think and needed to leave. When I got home, I immediately put a sports bra and shorts on, took Jess's fan out of her room and parked myself to study. So much better. I also slept in Jess's room, because she has a double bed, a dark room, and a fan...so necessary in this heat. Monday was also a sweaty mess, and then Tuesday was nice, still shorts and T weather, but much cooler, then it got real cold and rainy. What the deuce?? So Wednesday was cold and rainy, but today, Thursday has been hot and lovely again. And I realized that I probably enjoy wearing shorts, tee shirts, and dresses and sweating a bunch to being cold all the time. I guess that's what I get for growing up in Orange County right?

And just because I know you guys wanted to see my feet, I had to include a picture of my RIDICULOUS sandal tan line. Its so much better in real life, but here's a little taste ;)


This week has been a fabulous foodie week as well!! My aunt Christina who lives in NY had a friend, Bonnie, and her boyfriend Jeff who were visiting Cape Town, and Jeff is a Cape Town native. So they took me out to dinner last night (so nice of them) and we got to talk and we were all fellow pescatarians, and foodies!! We went to Fork, the tapas restaurant that I had mentioned earlier in some posts that was just as delectable the second time around. It was also really wonderful to meet Bonnie and Jeff and I had a great time!!

Also, not to toot my own horn, but I kind of love to cook and experiment. The hard part here is that recipes that I love in the US I cant do here because of measurements, so I need to find a cook book here. Anyways...this has forced me to be creative and just kind of make up recipes and such. Also, in our kitchen the burners are electric which is not ideal (and do not work when the power goes out like on Wednesday) and they are all switched...so its a science to figure out which switch is turning on which burner, haha. And the oven is in celcius, so thats different too. But I've gotten the swing of things I believe, two nights ago I made an excellent veggie salad with some butternut squash, zucchini, red onion, red pepper, I roasted some asparagus, and crumbled feta cheese over the whole top, and then topped if off with some balsamic vinegar and toast with hummus....SO YUMMY, healthy, and beautiful! I love a colorful meal. And today I was starving and decided to make myself a breakfast burrito with eggs, hummus on the tortilla and melted feta in the eggs. Nothing could have satiated my ravenous hunger more than that lunch I just had DELISH.

On a sad note...my parents just informed me that Theo, my beloved 19 year old car is on his last legs :( I was irrationally upset, hahah I am so ridiculously attached to my car. But here's a lil love between Theo and myself. And Akima. Theo does dance parties well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment