Monday, May 17, 2010

High Class in Cape Town

Blog deliquency...I do realize is not a nice thing. But alas here I am with stories of high class moments in Cape Town. Which if you don't know are few and far between for college students in general, and study abroad even less so.

I mentioned we have bars and razor wire all around our house right? Oh and that one college kid time where I wanted raisins in my oatmeal but didn't have any so I picked them out of my peanut and raisin mix and added them to my oatmeal. Yeah, proves a point right?

Now onto the classier stuff, or as Amanda would say "grown and sexy." This weekend was our roommate Anthony's 21st birthday celebration, so Friday night we went to a club called Assembly and experienced drum and base night...we keep on discovering these new places in Cape Town, perfect time to do it. Then of course we ended up at the biscuit mill, where I just could not pass up the latka with smoked salmon and poached egg with hollandaise sauce AGAIN. So good. Oh and an iced coffee, and a cupcake :)


This pic is at the biscuit mill and just makes me laugh every time I see it because I had just stepped on Jacob's toe (he is to the left of me) so he has a look of pain on his face, I am laughing hysterically of course, Anthony is to the left of Jacob and has witnessed this happen, and Ari on the far left is just doin his own thing. Good pic of some quality roomies.


Saturday night, I went to the Cape Town ballet!! It wasnt the most amazing performance of my life, but there were a couple of dances that blew my mind and a couple that didn't. It was still a great experience, and was classy to the max.

On Sunday, for Anthony's official birthday celebration we went to the Mount Nelson hotel to have high tea. We got dressed up and headed out around 2:30pm in order to make tea. It was from a movie, there were cucumber finger sandwiches, and little personal sized desserts and every kind of tea infused strangeness you could imagine. Plus the grounds were beautiful. Pic is of 14 of the 17 roommates, missing Will, Katie and Lucy!



I have a month left, 5 exams to go, and I feel so strapped for time! I want to see everything I want to see, eat everywhere I want to eat, travel everywhere and do everything. It's a strange feeling...I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about coming home in four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment